Bottom navigation bars make it easy to explore and switch between top-level views in a single tap.
Bottom navigation provides quick navigation between top-level views of an app. It is primarily designed for use on mobile.
Bottom navigation should be used for:
- Three to five top-level destinations of similar importance
- Destinations requiring direct access from anywhere in the app
Style each action according to the following conditions:
- When the view is in focus, display that view’s icon and text label
- When there are only three actions, display both icons and text labels at all times
- If there are four or five actions, display inactive views as icons only